Throat Punch Resumes, Contractor Resume/CoverLetter/Client BIO/ Help
Applying for jobs you're qualified but got getting picked up? 90% of the time it's your resume that's holding you back.
A good resume and cover letter are vital to getting hired. Your application packet is all the recruiter has to go to determine if they should pick up the phone to call you or not.
We highly recommend Throat-Punch Resumes.
They are the exclusive in-house resume editors for Shooter Jobs and the only career and resume writing experts who specialize in private military contracting and accurately translate military-speak to civilian language. With over 15 years of experience writing resumes and over 6 years career coaching and advising for the Department of Labor, military installations, law enforcement and first responders. They have boots on the ground deployments and understand the nuances of getting tricky experiences turned into outstanding resume bullets- even the ones you can't talk about until the Jameson gets poured. They are booked in advance so you should adjust your schedule to make their wait list. Make sure you don't order last minute.
To place an order or to find out which services they offer:
and select from the menu options which have been ultra simplified.
To get started with a brand new résumé please send .doc .docx, .pdf OR scanned copies of the following to Karine@ThroatPunchResumes.com
1. A biographical sketch (a list of dates and jobs you've held for the last 10 years)
2. 2-3 of your best NCOERs, OERs, EPRs, FitReps (or other military or professional evaluations you may have)
3. Relevant training or formal education you have received. If you have awards or commendations, I would love to get the paperwork (the language) that came with it. Please send only relevant information. That is, please DO NOT send campaign badge memos, unit citations and awards you get just for showing up. I would love to see paperwork (narratives) on awards or recognition you have received based on your efforts and results.
4. A copy of the job description for which we are targeting your resume and cover letter.
Please visit the online shop and purchase the resume and cover letter package found here: https://www.throatpunchresumes.com/services/resume-cover-letter-package
To get started with a résumé that needs editingplease send .doc .docx, .pdf OR scanned copies of the following to Karine@ThroatPunchResumes.com
1. A copy of your most recent resume
2. 2-3 of your best professional evaluations
3. Any training or education you have received. If you have awards or commendations, I would love to get the paperwork (the language) that came with it. Please send only relevant information. Please DO NOT send campaign badge memos, unit citations and awards you get just for showing up. We would love to see paperwork (narratives) on awards or recognition you have received based on your efforts and results.
4. Once we receive your documents we will send you a link connecting you to the appropriate level of work your documents need.
5. Once this invoice is paid in full we will proceed with getting your edits sorted.
IF, and ONLY IF, a Private Military Contractor has contacted you and has requested a BIO from you please use this link to purchase the BIO writing service. If we’ve done your resume, the BIO is cheaper. If we haven’t done your resume, the BIO is more expensive because we have to put in the time to collect the information, edit it and customize it your specific set of experiences and results that would normally have occurred in the resume writing process. The link for the BIO is here. https://www.throatpunchresumes.com/services/security-contracting-bio
Ninja Skills Packages (Interviewing Skills)
In these consulting sessions we discuss interviewing questions and how to answer them, what to wear, how to negotiate a salary and other in-depth questions you may have regarding the hiring process.
Q: Why should you consider a coaching session?
A: Because those that have, have gained an edge over the competition who have no clue how to answer questions.
Develop a strategic plan for your life and career through a Ninja Skills Session Top Three Major Benefits of Developing Ninja Skills:
1.START GETTING HIRED!
Consistently pinpoint, with flawless precision, the exacting words and streamlined actions needed to:
- get called back for an interview
- quickly show why employers should hire you and
- positively influence the hiring manager
2. Show employers how to give you money
Cut through mental clutter and successfully:
- create AND RECREATE precise thinking during an interview
- rapidly deliver your main points
- show employers how to hire you
3. Find a unique niche for yourself, standing out from the crowd
- distinguish yourself as the go-to expert in your field
- have employers CALL YOU for information + interviews
- save money and time
- set the trends by aligning your personal values WITH the company's mission
- consistently bringing a value added to anyone or any group.
The receipts for résumé and cover letter writing along with career coaching services are considered tax-deductible expenses.
Our system is proven and easily customized to your needs. Average email/phone call response turnaround time is between 24-48 hours.